Sunday, July 2, 2023

I haven't posted in a while

 I haven't posted in a while. You know why. This blog is not income generating. Anyone is free to donate at any time, but no one does. I have to earn a living and that takes huge amounts of time. 

I haven't not posted because of any lack of material. Bieganski is alive and well and the stereotype appears daily, in jokes, on TV shows, in scholarly books, and peer-reviewed articles. Bieganski isn't going anywhere. 

Please read the comments section under posts. A tireless contributor, Jerzy, sends in one Bieganski event after another. I have limited time to blog about each one. You can follow Jerzy's links. 

The situation will change only when a critical mass of Poles educate themselves about the Bieganski, Brute Polak stereotype and take action against it. 

3 comments:

  1. I cannot speak for other people, but I suspect that some people won't come anymore to your blogspot because they disagree with you, or because they disagree with your decision not to post their message. As for me, I stick with you despite some disagreements, and do not take my marbles and go home when I don't get my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I post almost all comments. The only ones I regularly filter out are anonymous and are just spam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My experience in my country is, unfortunately, that people do not want to talk about Bieganski. They push the subject far away from themselves, they don't want to think about it. Of course, when I raise this topic and give examples, the scale of aversion to Poles and disrespectful opinions about Poles that are often expressed abroad seem terrible and unfair. But people don't seem to care. Or maybe they push the problem far away because it is too difficult?

    ReplyDelete

Bieganski the Blog exists to further explore the themes of the book Bieganski the Brute Polak Stereotype, Its Role in Polish-Jewish Relations and American Popular Culture.
These themes include the false and damaging stereotype of Poles as brutes who are uniquely hateful and responsible for atrocity, and this stereotype's use in distorting WW II history and all accounts of atrocity.
This blog welcomes comments from readers that address those themes. Off-topic and anti-Semitic posts are likely to be deleted.
Your comment is more likely to be posted if:
Your comment includes a real first and last name.
Your comment uses Standard English spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Your comment uses I-statements rather than You-statements.
Your comment states a position based on facts, rather than on ad hominem material.
Your comment includes readily verifiable factual material, rather than speculation that veers wildly away from established facts.
T'he full meaning of your comment is clear to the comment moderator the first time he or she glances over it.
You comment is less likely to be posted if:
You do not include a first and last name.
Your comment is not in Standard English, with enough errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar to make the comment's meaning difficult to discern.
Your comment includes ad hominem statements, or You-statements.
You have previously posted, or attempted to post, in an inappropriate manner.
You keep repeating the same things over and over and over again.