Tuesday, September 22, 2020

"Why Get Your Hopes Up?"

 

Six Polish civilians moments before death by firing squad. Photograph of six Polish civilians moments before death by firing squad. Dated 1939. (Photo by: Photo 12/Universal Images Group via Getty Images)

In Gary, we had Polish, Catholic neighbors who had been in concentration camps. They'd rather put it out of their mind completely than talk about it. They ignore it. They try to forget it. The Nazis came and took my mother's brother. He was never seen or heard from again. We have no idea what happened to him. We don't talk about it. Better to leave it alone. Why get your hopes up? Better not to get your hopes up. Better to just not know.

My grandfather died in Poland. My mother couldn't attend the funeral. She couldn't get the time off from work.

 

I'm very proud of my parents. They have good jobs. My mother is a cleaning woman in a hospital. She works with hazardous waste. My father works in a steel mill. I am in the army to pay for school.

 

Some people say we have white privilege. I completely blow up. I get really mad. I end up bashing people. I don't want to. It just happens. I feel comfortable around all races. But I have to be really cautious around non-whites about what I can and cannot say. They don't understand what my parents went through. African Americans want to blame all whites. We weren't even here ... My parents pulled themselves up and made a great life for their kids. They can, too. There are jobs. But nobody knows what we went through. There's nothing on TV and it's hard to find books that tell our story.

 

My mother cries because she says the czarni destroyed Gary.

 

Informant was an eighteen-year-old student and solider

 

"To Chew Someone Down" Bieganski Interview #1

"Poles are Inherently Comic Janitors" Bieganski Interview # 2

"My Father Began to Conceal His Jewish Origins" Bieganski Interview # 3

They Worked Like Moles Their Whole Lives Bieganski Interview # 4

"She Never, and I Mean Never, Threw Anything Away" Bieganski Interview # 5

"They Always Kept One Token Jew" Bieganski Interview # 6

"White Privilege? I Laugh" Bieganski Interview # 7

"Stalin Died and I Was Set Free" #8

"The Jew is Clever. The Pole is Obnoxious, Loud, and Stupid." #9

"My Grandfather Let Anastasia Escape" #10

"I No Longer Practice Anything Except Reciting Yizkor and Lighting Yahrzeit Candles for My Parents"# 11

"I Have Always Been Afraid to Get Close to Any 'Real' Jews"# 12

Shiksa # 13

"Germans. I don't Like Hearing the Language" #14

"Those Shoes Kick My People to Death" #15



3 comments:

  1. This is a moving blog.

    However, Jews and now African-Americans have been appointed, by the leftists, and promoted by the media, as perpetual victim groups. So we cannot expect Poles to get their fair share of the victimhood pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/joe-biden-s-polish-joke/ Biden spreads Bieganski stereotype.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that many people do not love Serra, but "Bye, Bitch" written by a Doctor? https://twitter.com/annascanlon/status/1274425919323734016 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jun%C3%ADpero_Serra describes both sides. "I see his devotion to Native Californians as heartfelt, plain-spoken and borne out by continuous example."

    ReplyDelete

Bieganski the Blog exists to further explore the themes of the book Bieganski the Brute Polak Stereotype, Its Role in Polish-Jewish Relations and American Popular Culture.
These themes include the false and damaging stereotype of Poles as brutes who are uniquely hateful and responsible for atrocity, and this stereotype's use in distorting WW II history and all accounts of atrocity.
This blog welcomes comments from readers that address those themes. Off-topic and anti-Semitic posts are likely to be deleted.
Your comment is more likely to be posted if:
Your comment includes a real first and last name.
Your comment uses Standard English spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Your comment uses I-statements rather than You-statements.
Your comment states a position based on facts, rather than on ad hominem material.
Your comment includes readily verifiable factual material, rather than speculation that veers wildly away from established facts.
T'he full meaning of your comment is clear to the comment moderator the first time he or she glances over it.
You comment is less likely to be posted if:
You do not include a first and last name.
Your comment is not in Standard English, with enough errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar to make the comment's meaning difficult to discern.
Your comment includes ad hominem statements, or You-statements.
You have previously posted, or attempted to post, in an inappropriate manner.
You keep repeating the same things over and over and over again.